Understanding Dementia Webinar with Beryl Comar
Dementia is a Neurocognitive Disease, a collection of symptoms that occur when certain disease or conditions affect the brain, affecting memory, thinking and social abilities severely enough to interfere with everyday life. These include; Alzheimer’s, Lewy Body, Vascular, and Mixed Dementia, however there are dozens more, even a dementia that children may live with.
Fear of developing dementia is now the number one fear in adults over 45 years of age – yet there are more myths than facts about it, and there are ways of slowing down the disease, of giving a higher quality of life, and ways we can help – if caught early enough.
In this webinar Beryl, a Certified Nightingale Dementia Consultant, will talk about current research and how therapists, NLPers and hypnotherapist can help both those living with dementia and their carers.
- Explore the symptoms of different types of dementia and what the possible causes may be.
- Understand how dementia is assessed, and the importance of a baseline assessment.
- Recognise risk factors and dementia-like diseases that are often confused with dementia.
- Learn how it is treated in the medical system, and strategies to manage symptoms, ways to support loved ones who are struggling.
- Discover how NLP & Hypnotherapy have been used to coach clients with social anxiety so they can manage and often overcome excessive social anxiety.
- Learn how you can begin to work in this growing field of mental health.
This introductory seminar is for anyone who wants positive and helpful information about dementia, how to support those living with the disease and their carers, learn how to manage the disease holistically.
About Beryl Comar
Beryl Comar is known around the world for her skill and tenacity. Being the first to bring Hypnosis, NLP, EFT and SleepTalk coaching and training to Dubai, the Middle East and beyond.
Beryl has helped thousands of clients overcome their issues and achieve their goals, she has also trained hypnotists now working in MENA as well as the UK, USA, Europe, India and Australia.
Beryl is a former university and British Council teacher trainer with over 30 years experience of NLP and Hypnosis. Trained by Gerald Kein, Cal Banyan and Stephen Parkhill.
Author of the acclaimed manual “HypnoDontics” which has been translated into 3 languages and “HypnoKids” published in Arabic.
Founder of the Broken Heart Cure protocol.
Awards include NGH; Award of the Braid 2010, Hallmark Award 2014, NFNLP Trainer of the Year 2006, HCT Founders Award 1989 from Shk Nahayan bin Mubarak, Forensic Hypnotist 2004, NLP Trainer Dubai Police 2009-present.
Now Beryl lives in Spain and her focus is primarily on working with people who have dementia, helping them and their carer’s.